Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrate an attitude and behavior that coveys to our patients and coworkers that our relationship with them is valued and important.
- Get a complete intake on each patient each visit. Instructions for proper intakes are given to every employee at hire.
- Reason for visit, vital signs, medication list, problem list, and vaccines must be done before the chart can be moved to “ready for provider”.
- Assist providers during patient appointments to maximize productivity and efficiency including room the patient, obtaining and documenting required vitals, preparing for examinations and procedures, collecting accurate patient histories, preparing orders/forms related to surgical/diagnostic procedures, assisting during exam and/or procedures. Relay instructions and information to patients and their families as directed by the provider.
- Do quality measures on each intake.
- Patients must have a minimum of three (3) vital signs each visit.
- Work through personal and provider staff inbox throughout each day.
- Return phone calls and patient cases on days they are received from patients regardless if you have an answer.
- Responsible for timely communicating test results to patients.
- Responsible for proper documentation within charts of phone conversations with patients.
- Responsible for timely processing all prescription refill requests from providers, patients, pharmacies, and vendors.
- Be able to assist providers in ordering, coding, and scheduling if and when needed.
- Assisting providers with Minor Surgeries when needed; including setting up sterile procedures.
- Responsible for cleaning and upkeep of work areas including work-up stations, desks, and provider work-stations.
- Responsible for cleaning clinical areas and medical instruments in accordance with practice, manufacturer and OSHA protocols, between patient visits to maintain infection control and tidiness; ordering, sorting, storing medical supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms so that each room is fully functional at all times an according to practice protocol.
- Checking exam rooms and minor surgery rooms for out dates once monthly.
- Restocking exam rooms weekly.
- Have working knowledge of performing EKG’s, lab draws, and in house lab tests.
- Cleaning and sterilizing instruments used by providers and or oneself.
- Making sure all needed paperwork is completed for each visit. Accident forms, self pay forms, consent forms.
- Attend scheduled department staff and clinical meetings.
- Maintaining an up to date BLS certificate.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies; work as a team member; recognizes problems with patients, staff, or operations and works quickly as a team member to resolve the problem. Identifies ways to improve practice operations.
- Maintain drug sample closet and refrigerators, chemical solution, checking expiration dates, keep organized, dispose of expired drugs accordingly.
- Exercises utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to clinic police and HIPAA requirements.
- Provider clinical support and coverage in other areas of the clinic when requested.
- Responsible for obtaining lab/imaging reports, hospital notes, referral information, completing forms/requisitions as needed.
- Complete assigned daily/weekly/monthly duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties, as may be required.
- Frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30lbs. Unassisted, including assisting patients when required.
- Combination of sitting, standing, bending, light lifting and walking.
- Regularly exposed to risk of blood borne pathogens.
- Exposed to unpleasant elements.
- Requires the ability to manage stressful situations.
- Occasional stress from varying demands.
- Ability to multitask
- Organizational skills
- A combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings. Involves frequent personal and telephone contact with patients. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Contact involves dealing with sick people.
- Well lighted, well ventilated, work space. Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions common to clinic settings.
Krista Carrillo | Human Resources Manager
620-441-5902 | email@example.com