Responsibilities & Duties
1. Works cooperatively within own department and with other services to create a system of quality care delivery.
2. Initiates patient care by receiving patient from the registrar area and escorting the patient to the appropriate exam area, registering patient, recording allergies, tetanus status, how arrived, time received, patient physicians, and obtain weight of all children age 17 and under.
3. Assist the RN and/or provider with patient care and procedures by maintaining a working knowledge of all items listed on the evaluation skills checklist.
4. Pays close attention to the work environment and is very conscientious about keeping it safe, uncluttered and free of hazards.
5. Reflect professional image for the job.
6. Is self motivated and highly organized.
7. Responds and participates in emergency care.
8. Ensures rooms are cleaned after every patient, then stocked and prepped for the next patient.
9. Complete monthly chore assignments as delegated by the team leader.
• License: CNA or EMT
• Certifications: BLS within 6 months of employment
• Education: Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in clinical practice.
• Other: Follows nursing care and all related activities in ER according to the policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives of the department and the medical center. Able to communicate with other employees, administration, physicians, and customers. Valid drivers license. Reliable transportation.
• Job responsibilities require working under constant exposure to noise, lighting, and/or temperature levels.
• Exposure to irritating, unpleasant, or hazardous elements or conditions (i.e. blood, chemicals, and infectious diseases) is constant.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Full-Time Days. 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Krista Carrillo | HR Manager
620-441-5902 | email@example.com