Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the Accounting staff and financial functions
- Responsible for the preparation of the hospital’s financial statements, ensuring performed within the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Supervise the activities of the Staff Accountant.
- Oversees month-end closing and year-end closing and coordinates and assigns duties to the Staff Accountant as needed.
- Provides training, guidance, and direction to employees to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely and knowledgeable manner.
- Prepares and provides financial statements, and other reports on a scheduled or unprompted basis.
- Confers with upper management about budgeting and other strategies to meet hospital goals and objectives. Prepares budget work papers required.
- Works closely with financial institutions concerning banking activity changes, enhancements and charges.
- Works on special projects as needed.
- Works with CFO and Staff Accountant during annual year-end audit and annual cost report.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of computer based spreadsheets and reporting.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Must have managerial skills and be able to function in a supervisory role.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to prioritize work to meet scheduled deadlines while handling multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent accounting skills, strong organization and communication skills.
- Ability to function as a team player.
- Ability to function in a leadership role.
- Ability to work with scheduled deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration emphasis in Accounting.
- At least 4 years financial closing experience (month-end and year-end) required.
- 2 years Healthcare industry preferred.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Krista Carrillo | Human Resources Manager
620-441-5902 | firstname.lastname@example.org