SCK Health is looking for a talented Medical Insurance Biller to join our team!
The Insurance Biller, a key position in the Revenue Cycle, manages the claims process, including accurate and timely claim creation, follow-up and correspondence with providers, insurance inquiries/correspondence. The incumbent will assist in the clarification and development of process improvements and inquiries, assure payments related to patient services from all sources are recorded and reconciled timely in order to maximize revenues.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for timely filing of all insurance claims, motor vehicle accident claims, workers compensation claims and Medicare secondary claims.
- Responsible for timely follow-up of unpaid/denied claims, In Rycan and CPSI. Medicare biller works claims in RTP and keeps passwords updated.
- Responsible for identifying overpayments on accounts and completing refund slip.
- Medicare biller is responsible for reporting any credit balances to WPS quarterly.
- Medicare biller is responsible for calculating the projected payments from Medicare.
- Medicare biller is responsible for the auto secondary billing process.
- Commercial/Medicaid biller is responsible for the daily deposit and scanning checks electronically to the bank.
- Must utilize outstanding customer service skills.
- Must use exceptional telephone etiquette.
- Is fully knowledgeable of all safety/emergency policy and procedures of the medical center.
- Previous medical billing experience including knowledge of billing related reporting; 3 – 5 years’ experience in health-care billing & collection practices, preferred.
- Experience working with medical payers including Medicare, Medicaid, KanCare, and commercial insurance
- Working knowledge of medical billing systems, particularly eClinicalWorks
- Experience with Medicaid’s State Eligibility System
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding systems; Coding certification preferred
- An Associate Degree from an accredited university with credentials in billing / coding preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8HR Shift
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Experience: Billing: 1 year (Preferred)