Responsibilities & Duties
1. Handles and processes radiology and ultrasound orders utilizing the computer system in an efficient manner.
2. Is able to manage workload demands by organizing and prioritizing.
3. Has the ability to maintain mature and professional behavior under the stress of heavy workload and acute patient care situations.
4. Has the ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
5. Transports patients ranging in age from newborn to geriatric for ultrasound procedures.
6. Correctly initiates and performs all ultrasound procedures required at South Central Kansas Medical Center under the supervision of the radiologist and/or ordering physician.
7. Always utilizes safe work practices while imaging patients.
8. Is able to recognize, identify and perform procedural or technical problems in radiology areas. Knows when to contact technical service or the Clinical Engineer.
9. May act as the lead tech for an assigned area, which includes monitoring Quality Control, equipment operation and maintenance of the individual imaging modalities.
10. Helps in the responsibility of keeping procedure manuals up to date.
11. Responsible for supplies and watching costs in assigned area.
12. Is responsible for weekend operations.
13. Assists with orientation of new employees and competency assessment of all ultrasound employees.
• Associates degree of equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
• Certifications in Ultrasound, OB, Vascular, and Echocardiography within 1 year of hire date.
Krista Carrillo | Human Resources Manager
620-441-5902 | firstname.lastname@example.org