Laboratory tests are very important tools for your physician.
Call us at 620.441.5740 | Fax us at 620.441.5967

We provide quality analysis of specimens in a timely manner to aid your physician in the maintenance of well-being and in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of disease.

The SCK Health Lab is CLIA certified, meaning that we have been examined by the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services and passed every inspection with flying colors and ZERO deficiencies!

Some Services We Provide

*this is not an all inclusive list

  • CBC
  • Sedimentation Rate
  • Hemoglobin A1C
  • PSA
  • TSH
  • Free T4
  • Testosterone
  • Vitamin D
  • Urinanalysis
  • Urine Culture

*Please note that if your provider has ordered a lab that requires fasting, we will not be able to draw your lab if you have eaten.

Common Labs that Require Fasting

  • Lipid Profile – Cholesterol & Triglycerides
  • Glucose Tolerance Testing

How do I get my lab testing done?

We are required to have a physician’s order when you arrive in the Laboratory. You do not need an appointment.  Please check with your provider if you need to fast before your lab work.

The doctor may give you the order personally or he/she may fax it to us. When you arrive at the Medical Center, it is necessary for you to register at Admissions before going to the Laboratory.

Explanation of testing

Around 95% of tests collected at our lab are performed in-house and most results are typically available in 24 hours. Microbiology testing (cultures) will take longer to complete. The remaining 5% are referred to a specialty laboratory for analysis. These tests may take up to 3-7 days to complete. 

If you have questions regarding preparation or timing of your tests, please feel free to call us at 620-441-5740.

Your test results

When tests are completed, they are sent to the “ordering physician”. Copies of these reports can be sent to additional providers involved in your care as requested by you or your doctor.

Please share this information with the Laboratory Staff prior to your specimen being collected.

We would be happy to provide you a copy of your test results. To get a copy, complete a “Consent for Release of Confidential Health Information” form available in the Laboratory or Health Information Services. You may pick up your test results or they can be mailed to you.

To protect the privacy of our patients, we do not give results out over the phone and we are not able to send results via e-mail or general fax.

What do my lab results mean?

If you have questions about the interpretation of your test results, please know that our laboratory staff are not permitted to interpret any lab results. We regret any delay that this may cause you, but we believe it is important for your physician to discuss any interpretation of your test results with you.