This position provides coverage of the switchboard, and serves as central communications to emergency support services, functions as a control for keys and personnel on property. Must be able to work rotating shifts, holidays, and weekends.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Responsible for prompt, courteous reception and processing of all patients presenting themselves for treatment. Completes registration documents for all patients. Records all patients seen on registration logs.
• Responsible for accurate and complete collection of registration data. Gather insurance information, signatures and forms needed to submit billing to insurance companies.
• Explains the hospital policy regarding payment at time of service. Receives payments, posts payments and prints receipts. Makes accurate change. Maintains cash in secure location using the proper security.
• Answer the telephone, takes messages and communicates messages to the appropriate person.
• If fully knowledgeable of all safety/emergency policy and procedures of the medical center. Is responsible for the communication link between all personnel inside of the medical center and to outside emergency officials in case of emergency conditions.
• Receive and relay internal and external calls and provide general information according to protocol.
• Maintain desk directories, on-call list, reference guides and other associated reference materials.
• Operate beeper and paging system to contact personnel and code team.
• Communicate codes, alerts, drills and other announcements according to established policies and protocols, including disaster management plans.
1. Requires the ability to manage stressful situations.
2. Occasional stress from varying demands.
• High school graduation or G.E.D
• Knowledge, Skills: Computer Systems, Customer Relations, Medical Terminology, Organizational and Verbal Communication skills required
• Ability to work independently and Ability to Multi Task and Prioritize preferred.
• Requires full range of body motion including manual finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
• Able to lift 25 pounds
Krista Carrillo | Human Resources Manager
620-441-5902 | firstname.lastname@example.org